How to choose the best Pharmacy College in India?
Pharmacy degree is one of the most sought after stream for science students in India with several aspirants applying for the bets pharmacy colleges in India. There are several pharmacy colleges in India imparting quality education. These colleges are under the regulation of a body called PCI or the Pharmacy Council of India. The laws and regulations followed by these colleges are guided by the Pharmacy Act of 1948. These colleges offer 3 courses as follows:
- B. Pharm – Bachelor in Pharmacy
- D. Pharm – Diploma in Pharmacy
- Pharma.D - Doctorate in Pharmacy
So here is how we are going to help you decide on the pharmacy school.
- Infrastructure: The College should have a good infrastructure and administration and proper facilities. The facilities should include – smart classrooms, well equipped labs, auditorium, library, hostel, canteen etc.
- Faculty: Most Pharmacy colleges have a good faculty bench with highly experienced professors
and lab technicians. The recruitment of faculty in pharmacy colleges are guided by the PCI and a period evaluation is done.
- Tuition Fees – The fees structure in government colleges are the same pan India and they are as per the rules of the PCI. However private colleges charge higher than the government counterpart. What you really need to check is whether the tuition you are paying really worth the quality of education provided the institution.
- Placements – This is the most important factor for Indian students. Before seeking admission into any pharmacy college check its placements record for at least last five years along with the average salary package offered to the students of the college. You may justify the amount of investment in pursuing the course along with the salary you may get after passing out of the college.
- Reviews – Only placements, faculty and infrastructure will not deliver success to any college. The seamless amalgamation of all the three factors should work together. Check with current students and check for hindrances like if classes are conducted regularly, does the college have union problem? Are the pharmaceutical companies who hire students are reliable or not. You may also check honest reviews of several colleges in our website.
Hope we have been instrumental in clearing most of your apprehensions and query. You may check out reviews of pharmacy colleges in our website. If you are an enterprise or business owner, you may contact us to get your enterprise enlisted on our website.