Professional Tips While Choosing A Nursing School
Looking for a fulfilling career in nursing? Looking for the right college to guide you in the right path? Well you have come to the right place. We understand the apprehensions and the questions that you have in mind. So here is a smart and professional checklist that will help you narrow it down to the right nursing college for you.
- Do check whether the college is affiliated to Indian Nursing Council the regulatory body for all Nursing colleges in India. There may be some college who publish themselves as recognized by INC but just to be sanguine you may visit the official website of INC and look up the listings for that particular college.
- Do check whether the nursing college is attached to any medical college or super specialty hospitals. Students need adequate exposure in various specialties to practice. Nursing colleges attached with reputed government hospitals or medical colleges are
- Placements are the ultimate motive of any aspiring nurse. Before joining any college you should check the placement records and justify whether it is at all beneficial to study in that college.
- Check the availability of any special vertical of nursing that you wish to pursue on course on. It will be an added benefit.
- Infrastructure and Facilities – Check whether the college has adequate infrastructure like smart classrooms, well stacked libraries, well equipped labs – Anatomy, Nutrition, Maternity, Pediatric, etc. Having community halls and auditorium is an added benefit.
- You should also check whether regular theory as well as practical classes are held. Some government colleges have the menace of radical students union and staff union problems that disrupt the curriculum.
- Faculty - In this regard, the Indian Nursing Council has strict memorandums that nursing colleges have experienced matrons, professors and doctors to train the budding generation of nurses. In case the standard of faculty declines, the college may even lose their accreditations and affiliation.
- You may decide to go for a specialization course for post graduation, you should check whether the college has facilities for that specialization or not.
Hope we have been instrumental in clearing most of your apprehensions and query. You may check out reviews of nursing colleges in our website. If you are an enterprise or business owner, you may contact us to get your enterprise enlisted on our website.